In Chicago, we have four Sisters teaching at St. Ignatius College Prep High School, where we work with three Jesuit priests who also celebrate our Convent Mass on monthly retreat days. Below are some of our highlights:
- In honor of the sesquicentennial, the school was the Guest of Honor in Chicago’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
- To celebrate the gift of life, Sisters attended a talk by Dr. Alveda King; took 31 students to the March for Life in Washington, D.C.; viewed Unplanned; and attended a pro-life luncheon.
- Other outreach activities included talks to Catholic groups at Wheaton College, the University of Illinois at Chicago, Marquette High School, and two parishes.
- Some of our Sisters also attended a meeting of the Institute for Religious Life, went to a Notre Dame McGrath Institute Day on science and faith, and assisted at a Lumen Christi Conference on the Catholic Intellectual Tradition.
- The year concluded with a pilgrimage to the local Mother Cabrini Shrine.
We are so grateful for a wonderful year in the Windy City!